Mike Illingworth, whose sons Ben & Ollie visit Helen House, rode the length of the Ridgeway, 87 miles, in a day along with 5 colleagues from Oxford Instruments: Jason Andrews, Vic Churchley, Gary Day, Rob Parsons and John Selwood to raise funds for Helen and Douglas House.
In an impressive 9 hours and 40 minutes in the saddle, all 5 team members crossed the line to be greeted by a champagne finish. The team from Oxford Instruments have raised over £2,500 so far with more money still to come in.
They would like to thank everyone who has supported them with words of encouragement and donations for Helen & Douglas House, in particular:
• Wellington Engineering
• Oxford Precision Components
• Repair, Production & Precision Engineering Ltd
• G W Lambert (Engineers) Ltd
• Arnold Magnetic Technologies Ltd.
• Rides on Air Cycles, Wallingford
• Faulkner Photography, Abingdon
If you would like to help Mike and his colleagues reach their goal of £3,000, please visit http://www.justgiving.com/Oxford-Instruments-Ridgeway-Ride