The value of trusts and foundations
The support of charitable trusts and foundations makes a significant contribution in helping us sustain essential services and develop specialist care. This enables Helen & Douglas House to be at the forefront of palliative care for children and young adults with life-shortening conditions; internationally, nationally and locally.
We are most grateful for the generous support of all the trusts who support our pioneering and life-enhancing work.
Opportunities to further our common aims
We welcome enquiries and open engagement with all trusts with whom we can further our common purposes.
We have a “total care” approach to patients and families, and invite funding to support the breadth of our hospice operation. This includes:
- Medical service and research in paediatric and young adult palliative care
- Nursing and specialist care work
- Bereavement and family support
- Sibling support
- Social work
- Chaplain and spiritual support
- Music therapy
- Complementary therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Youth work
- Volunteer involvement and development
- Medical supplies
- Capital equipment and building development
as well as capacity building in management, retail and support services to enable the organisation to function efficiently and effectively.
Funding at all levels makes a significant difference to the young people and families we look after.
- This can be a one-off, repeat or multi-year commitment.
- Grants may range from several hundred pounds to tens of thousands of pounds per year, and allow partial or full funding of highly valued care services, facilities and projects.
You can read more about life in the Houses here.
Finding out more
Would you like to discuss opportunities to work together, or arrange a visit by your trust?
Please contact Veronique on 01865 794749, or on email at email@example.com.