- To enable young people (0-35 years) with life-shortening conditions, to live as well and as fully as possible to the end of their lives, and to support their needs and wishes at the time of their death.
- To provide palliative care at a specialist level for young people, through medical and nursing expertise, emotional and practical support.
- To support the families and carers of young people through their shortened life, through their death, and into bereavement.
- To be a regional centre of excellence in palliative care, based in Oxford, working closely with professionals in hospitals and in the community, to plan and provide local support tailored to individual needs.
We are creative and resourceful
The Services We Currently Provide To Achieve our Mission
- We are dedicated to the care and support of babies, children, teenagers and young adults, their families and carers.
- We provide symptom management and end-of-life care, as well as respite, emotional and bereavement support.
- We are based in Oxford and serve people across the region, including those living in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Swindon and Wiltshire, Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire, Gloucestershire and Warwickshire.
- We provide in-house care at our purpose-built facilities in Oxford – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In parallel, we support people in their own homes, their local communities, and in hospitals.
- We do this through our expert team of staff and volunteers, working closely with each individual, their family, and the wider team of professionals around them.
How We Provide Our Services
- We are a Registered Charity and rely on fundraising, our shops and lottery for over 85% of the money needed to run and develop our services. We are indebted to the on-going contribution of our supporters, donors and customers to sustain and develop the expert care that is needed year-on-year, as the field of young people’s palliative care continues to advance.
- We are committed to using all of our income and resources wisely, and to maintaining valued relationships with all our partners.
- As a service provider, our staff and volunteers are our greatest asset. We endeavour to be a supportive and learning organisation, with a positive and inclusive culture.
- We assure high standards of professional practice across the breadth of what we do, to enable positive outcomes for our beneficiaries, for our organisation, and for our supporters, partners and customers.
- We are privileged to work with and to serve our communities. We welcome open and constructive engagement in the achievement of our common aims.
Strategic Aims: Key Priorities 2016-21
- Deliver high quality of care and continue to develop as a Specialist Level provider
- Provide care and support to more people
- Improve efficiency
- Enhance impact, develop and demonstrate the difference we make
- Achieve financial sustainability
- Enhance organisational accountability and governance
Alternatively, you can download Our Strategy